For this dish you will need:
– 3 skinless chicken diced breast
– 4 heaped tsp garam masala powder
– 4 grated garlic cloves
– 3cm of grated root ginger
– 2tsp of fresh lemon juice
For the curry
– Calorie spray cooking oil
– 3 thinly sliced onions
– 1-2 finely chopped green chillies
– 2 diced green peppers
– 1 tbsp tomato purée
– 200ml of chicken stock
– 4 tomatoes, seeds removed, quartered, cut into strips
– ½ small bunch of roughly chopped coriander
– cooked brown rice
Got it? Let’s start cooking…
1. Combine the chicken with the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover with cling film and transfer to the fridge for two hours, or overnight if possible.
2. Spray a pan with cal spray and add the sliced onions and peppers and fry for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add three-quarters of the chilli and cook for two minutes then add the marinated chicken and the marinade. Cook for 3-4 minutes
3. Add the tomato purée to the chicken, stir through to mix and cook for two minutes. Add the stock, bring to the boil then cook for 10 minutes to cook the chicken through.
4. Taste the chicken and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Stir through and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and flavoursome. Remove from the heat and serve with rice.