I visited my mum recently for some good food and have to share her recipe for Melon and Feta Salad. It is delicious – and perfect for a hot summer evening!
Try it at home and let me know what you think to it….
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 spring of mint, coarsely chopped
- ¼ Cantaloupe melon
- 2 bags of baby spinach leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- In a large measuring cup, whisk lemon juice with pepper, garlic, mint and ½ cup olive oil.
- Peel cantaloupe, discard seeds and cut into very thin wedges.
- Line a large salad plates with spinach.
- Arrange cantaloupe on spinach.
- Sprinkle salad with cherry tomatoes, feta and green onion.
- Drizzle to taste with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with any remaining mint.